I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

41% 41% [ 12 ]
48% 48% [ 14 ]
10% 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

MAP ROLLBACK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAP ROLLBACK

Post  Tek on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:21 pm

MAP ROLLBACK

hey waha why is the map rolledback to 3-4 months ago ???? lost allmost everything, me, critch and messiman have been working on ......

can it be replaced back in plzz ?

Tek

Back to top Go down

Re: MAP ROLLBACK

Post  wahakalol on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm

nothing rolled back, inventories simpily derped out to a point of no return and we had to get a new homes plugin (still working stuff out with it) cause the old one stopped updating and no longer works so we had to reset homes as well
the map itself isnt reset (there IS a new map though, /warp 1.8world will get you to the old map)
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

http://cfwrevived.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:12 am

wahakalol wrote:nothing rolled back, inventories simpily derped out to a point of no return and we had to get a new homes plugin (still working stuff out with it) cause the old one stopped updating and no longer works so we had to reset homes as well
the map itself isnt reset (there IS a new map though, /warp 1.8world will get you to the old map)

can you then tell me why allmost my hole town is removed or rolledback 3-4 months ?

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:18 pm

towny MAY have gone haywire with all the updates happening at once and added a setting that wasn't supposed to be there that MAY have caused the rollback of a good portion of plots that were in towns that lost money... by the time we discovered what had happened, it was too late and there was no way of performing a rollback to save stuff...towny likes to finish things it has started; even if we give it every abort command we know and make every possible config change to stop it from happening...it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion… You couldn’t do anything but watch in horror as houses deconstructed themselves block by block
You're not the only one this has happened to, and the problem seems to have been limited by plots... we’re also willing to help return at least some of the stuff that was destroyed
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

wahakalol wrote:towny MAY have gone haywire with all the updates happening at once and added a setting that wasn't supposed to be there that MAY have caused the rollback of a good portion of plots that were in towns that lost money... by the time we discovered what had happened, it was too late and there was no way of performing a rollback to save stuff...towny likes to finish things it has started; even if we give it every abort command we know and make every possible config change to stop it from happening...it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion… You couldn’t do anything but watch in horror as houses deconstructed themselves block by block
You're not the only one this has happened to, and the problem seems to have been limited by plots... we’re also willing to help return at least some of the stuff that was destroyed

what can i use that too ??

in every update on cfwr i lose something i have build .................

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

use what too?
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:45 pm

wahakalol wrote:use what too?

use that you dont have a map backup you can restore it from ?

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

there are people still building on that map tek, rolling back the map for just a few people is completely disregarding their rights as players...that and people have transfered their stuff to the new map already; rolling back the map duplicates that stuff
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:25 pm

wahakalol wrote:there are people still building on that map tek, rolling back the map for just a few people is completely disregarding their rights as players...that and people have transfered their stuff to the new map already; rolling back the map duplicates that stuff

cant you just copy the area where i have build with world edit from the backup and add it to the map ? and only replace my area ?

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm

I can look into it (if I have an up to date backup of the map, though I think esarai has a newer version)
I'll need the coords from you as well as the size of the area you were building in. If you can get me all of that, then I can see about rolling it back (do expect some ammount of delay, I've been quite busy irl these past few weeks)
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:25 am

wahakalol wrote:I can look into it (if I have an up to date backup of the map, though I think esarai has a newer version)
I'll need the coords from you as well as the size of the area you were building in. If you can get me all of that, then I can see about rolling it back (do expect some ammount of delay, I've been quite busy irl these past few weeks)

location is
x = 1356
y = 64
z = -272

i had made a fence all reound it long time, so i want all inside the fence rolled back to befor towny removed it (it is a bit huge )

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm

alright, I'll look into it the first chance I get (if its too large, I may only be able to rollback certain areas)
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm

well, bad news tek, esarai and I both looked through our backups and neither of us has a copy of the map with your stuff, I've got a really really old version as well as a more recent one that I grabbed when we first noticed the issue (your stuff was gone by that time though)
I'll do what I can to help you rebuild, but perhaps this is a good time to move over to the new map?

If you have any other concerns, please let me know. I'm sorry for the slow response, I've been buried under work these last few weeks
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top